March 03, 2015

Ace Of Spades

IMG_2009.JPG – June 27, 2010 – 5:39 PM

It's a small and tidy space, like the examination room at a clinic. Save for the Nick Cave concert poster, it very well could be. The guy is nice, lets me sit in and take pictures. Kerry's getting a tattoo – her first, and likely only one – on the inside of her wrist, of Leonard Cohen's order of the unified heart.

And she's anxious. Wondering what her mom will think, questions whether she'll need to hide the tattoo at work. Laying flat and ramrod-straight, she's already steeling herself for the pain to come. The guy is all pro. He's young, but he's a soothing presence and maintains the decorum of a family physician. He deftly removes a CD from his stacks and places it in the tray. Good man, I think. Some music is a good idea. He presses play. Motörhead: Live At Hammersmith. 

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools.
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever…

No comments: